Make selections easy and inviting with well-designed price signs and menu boards
Clarity and readability are necessities with price signs, lists and menu boards. They serve customers better, eliminate frustration and speed up transactions. They can also add to the image and décor or your location when designed creatively.
Some things to consider:
- Create a hierarchy of text with heads, subheads, and item text to guide your customer with ease. On a gas price sign, this means the price is biggest. On a price list or menu, the main category gets top billing. A general rule of thumb is for every 10 ft. of distance between your customers and the menu your text should be taller by an inch.
- Properly balance the text to allow the customer to quickly move through the information efficiently so they can make their buying decision quickly and with confidence. Avoid using heavy visual weight on only one side (or screen) of the menu, it will lessen the chance customers will look elsewhere and will, instead, browse your full menu or list.
- Use images sparingly but use them strategically to help guide the reader and put your products in the best light.
- Make good typography decisions and use sans-serif fonts whenever possible: Serifs are those little dangly things on letters that make them look fancy. Serifs make small text easier to read, which is why these fonts are common in books and newspapers. But when it comes to digital signs and other large-format media, you'll get the best results if you focus on sans-serif fonts.
- Avoid harsh contrast and color saturation—these hurt readability.
- Assure adequate lighting.
- Integrate your brand into any price sign, list or menu. Repeat your logo or tagline in an understated way. Sign content is most important, but you want consistency of copy and graphics across everything in your business.
All that said, rely on your Image360 South Bay-Manhattan Beach sign expert to lead the way. Whether the best choice for you is a custom printed board, a fixture with light panels or a display case-style product, we’ll guide you through the process. Other options include:
- Magnetized boards
- Outdoor boards in waterproof/weatherproof materials
- Wall-mounted designs
- Pole-mounted designs
Ready to take the next step? Schedule a consultation with Image360 South Bay-Manhattan Beach by clicking the Get A Quote Link or calling directly 310-577-0300.
Providing Menu Signs & Price List Signage to El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach and South Bay